Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Passion








Over the course of the last several years, I've been consumed by a deep desire to capture the beauty around me.  It brings me great joy to share what my eye captures.  I love getting feedback from others - especially when they tell me what my pictures evoke in their heart and mind.  The great reward is when they see what I'm trying to capture!

My skills are quite basic.  The picture above was taken with my phone (which takes much better pictures than my point and shoot) at my favorite beach on Captiva Island.  This is my place where I let go of the crazy busyness of everyday life.  This is the place where I can relax and feel rejuvenated.

Can you see that?

Last year, I bought a used Pentax X90 from a friend at very reasonable cost.  I was thrilled by the opportunity to upgrade on the cheap but not so thrilled by the limitations of the camera.  Now, I know very little about cameras  so perhaps I really shouldn't comment but this camera did very well in bright sunlight once I got used to its "personality" (if I knew more I could perhaps explain what that means) but poorly everywhere else.


I learned a great deal from that Pentax and I loved some of the nature shots that I captured like this egret, again, at my favorite beach.  I must belabored by dissatisfaction loudly and frequently enough that my husband gave me a Canon EOS T2i for Christmas.

And lenses:  EFS 18-55 and EFS 55-250

He is one good husband!

I am one happy wife!



So here I am to learn and journal my journey with my Rebel.


As I move through my ordinary life



Looking for splendor in the ordinary

These white geese live in a small river town nearby and brighten the days filled with the grays/browns which are prevalent in our Midwestern winters.  I really can't get enough of these geese.  I realize my goose photos are lacking in personality - mine and the camera's - but I'm hoping I'll grow into the camera!

So, as I learn the ropes and, hopefully some day, learn to define a camera's "personality" I'll be hanging out at Digital Photography School.  I've got a long way to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment